Dynamics NAV 2013 Warehouse and Inventory Management Module.
can help you manage goods and space more effectively, reduce costs and waste, and gain control over warehouse operations. With access to real-time, accurate inventory data, your warehouse professionals save time locating items or performing physical inventories, sales representatives can keep tabs on stock availability, and buyers can maintain optimum stock levels while minimizing carrying costs.
Below are Warehouse Management Functionality options to increase supply chain visibility into warehouse operations:
- Warehouse management: Tightly integrate order processing, manufacturing, and warehouse functionality to help optimize layout and space utilization, manage replenishment, and handle multiple orders at once. Incorporate a variety of pick prioritization methods, including first in/first out (FIFO), first expired/first out (FEFO), or last in/last out (LILO), into directed pick, movement, and put-away decisions.
- Internal pick/put-away: Pick or put away items and debit or credit inventory records independently of purchase receipts, sales, or source documents so you can maintain accurate inventory records even when accessing items for testing, display purposes, or other internal or operational needs.
- Automated Data Collection System (ADCS) support: Improve visibility into inventory, and help increase the accuracy and efficiency of your warehouse management—picking and putting away of items, physical inventory counts, and moving items from bin to bin—with ADCS.
- Item tracking: Trace lot or serial numbers to quickly determine where items were purchased, processed, or sold. Help reduce waste and limit carrying expired inventory with support for FEFO handling.
- Item costing: Understand item costs throughout the production process, including inventory, work-in-process (WIP), and cost of goods sold (COGS). Break down costs according to categories such as materials, capacity, subcontracting, and overhead. Tighten control of closing processes, improve batch job costing, and streamline reconciliation with the general ledger.
- Shipping agent management: Control your distribution by relating shipping agents to the services they offer.
- Returns management: Process returned inventory and account for additional costs. Automatically organize credit memos, replacement goods, returns to vendors, and partial or combined return of shipments or receipts. Exact cost reversal helps increase inventory accuracy.
- Cycle counting: Determine the counting frequency per item or stockkeeping unit to help increase inventory accuracy and meet shipping deadlines.